The Barberini Palace, built in 1770, was largely destroyed during the Second World War. In August 2013 the reconstruction of the palace started in order to establish an art museum. The patron Hasso Plattner, founder of the software company SAP, took over the reconstruction of the palace. Only the facades were reconstructed and the interior of the museum was kept modern. Exhibition rooms with the latest technology were created on three floors, a total of 17 halls with a total whole area of 22,000 square meters. Today, the art of Impressionism, American Modernism, GDR era, and post-1989 painting can be viewed on the old Market Square in the center of Potsdam, Brandenburg's state capital.
HAFI equipped the palace with fittings in design 235.
Pictures © Museum Barberini
|Architect||Hilmer Sattler Architekten|